1. Reduce consumption and increase investments.
2. Create and stick to a budget.
3. Increase your financial IQ.
4. Make contributions into investment vehicles on a consistent basis.
5. Start a part-time business to increase income and take advantage of tax write-offs.
6. Surround yourself with like-minded people who believe and support your goals.
7. Find great CPAs and other trusted advisers.
8. Set short-term and long-term goals.
9. Make a commitment to become a millionaire.
10. Start now. Time is your friend when it comes to investing.
Making your first million dollars is the hardest, but it will never come if you don't take action. Continue to increase your financial literacy by subscribing and visiting financial websites, but don't get stuck in "analysis paralysis" mode. While the information on these websites, magazines and new related TV programs can be very valuable, the prescription to making money is actually very simple. It's just a matter of knowing the fundamentals and how to apply them.