1. BE ATTENTIVE Men like women who are fully engaged. Listen to his dreams, his fears, his heart. And keep his confidences.
2. BE OF “GOOD CHEER” Too many women lose at love because they carry excess emotional baggage, have hidden agendas, and hold grudges. Strive to be pleasing to the sight and soothing to the soul.
3. BE ABLE TO COOK (SOMETHING!) It’s true that the way to a man’s heart is through his stomach. Take a culinary class or 2, or ask mom for some of the family recipes. There are also great meal ideas available online. And even if you can only whip up a few dishes, it will make him feel comforted and cared for.
4. BE WELL ROUNDED Are you one dimensional? Or do you have a myriad of interests, experiences, talents, and friends? Be interesting as well as interested.
5. BE A PARTNER Not a doormat nor a damsel in distress.
6. BE SMART AND SAVVY It’s a fallacy that men don’t like smart women. A secure man will appreciate your intellectual value and be impressed by it. Just don’t be condescending or boastful.
7. BE YOURSELF Forget what all the so called “experts” say. Be the best you that you can be, without the games and manipulation. If he doesn’t accept it, then he’s simply not the guy for you!
8. BE SENSUOUS There’s a time for being “a good girl” and a time for being a girl who’s good.
9. BE KIND TO THE PEOPLE THAT ARE IMPORTANT TO HIM His mom, sister, friends, etc. (whenever possible).
10. BE SELECTIVE Be selective about what you choose to share with him. Reveal yourself in layers, through the progression of time. Your personality and life details should unfold like an intriguing suspense novel, not like a quick tabloid.